- Small tight heads with no deep browning.
- I find no quality difference between on the stalk or in a bag. On the stalk will have more size variation, meaning different cooking times but no real biggie.
- Brussels get sweeter after the frost, so give them a couple of weeks after their first market appearance.
- Store in refrigeration in a plastic bag to keep them crisp.
- Age will yellow the outside leaves; just strip them away.
- Raw, thinly shaved is my favorite way to eat Brussels and often turn nay-sayers in to yay-sayers.
- Also good pan roasted till deeply caramelized.
- If steaming or boiling, cutting an X into the stalk will speed cooking time.
Recipes Using Brussel Sprouts
Site by Bryan Morrison