Beets with Smoked Whitefish, Sour Cream and Dill Oil
- 6 beets, steamed or roasted
- 1 bu kale, stripped and washed
- 4oz smoked whitefish
- 2oz sour cream
- Pressmeister Dill Seed Oil
- Dry the kale and cut into ribbons
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and massage (literally give it a back rub) until the kale is dark and tender. It will leach some moisture as you rub—don’t worry those are just the cell walls breaking, releasing their moisture and becoming pleasant to chew
- Flake the whitefish, removing any pin bones
- Slice the beets into ¼” rounds or half moons—a mandolin will make quick work of this but watch your fingers!
- Toss the beets and kale together adding salt and pepper as desired
- On a serving platter, lay out half the beet/kale mixture, scatter half the whitefish and drizzle with sour cream and dill oil. Repeat. Serve.
Site by Bryan Morrison