I use herb oils all the time in the restaurant. Sometimes we make them because we have too much parsley and need to save it before it yellows or turns slimy. Sometimes we make it because it is the perfect way to add brightness to any number of dishes and is more easily controlled than fresh, chopped herbs.
Try drizzling over a soup, any sort of roasted root, eggs in the morning or grilled fish. Basically anything that needs a little “pick me up”.
- 2 bu parsley
- any other herbs you want (mint, chives, tarragon)
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 C olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Load a food processor or blender with the all ingredients putting the parsley on the bottom
- Blend until smooth adding a splash of water as needed
- Taste and add more acid and salt as desired.
- Don’t be scared if it tastes hot and bitter. The olive oil takes on a bitter note when warm as it always gets when the stress of a blender is inflicted upon it.