Poached Carrots w/ Fromage Blanc and Mint
- 2 bu spring carrots, topped and scrubbed
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 sprigs thyme
- 1 lemon or orange
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 1 tub fromage blanc or ricotta
- 4 sprigs mint
- drizzle of honey
- drizzle of olive oil
- Take the clean carrots and cut into a pleasing shape. If they are baby carrots, leave whole or simply cut in half lengthwise. If they are larger, cut into ½” sticks.
- Roughly cut the onion, garlic, and citrus.
- Combine with the thyme, chili flakes, salt, (and carrot tops if you have them) and lay in the bottom of a heavy pan.
- Top with the carrots and then just cover with water or chicken stock.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until tender
- Allow to cool and transfer to a serving platter
- Dot with the fromage blanc, sprinkle with torn mint, and drizzle with the honey and olive oil
- Sprinkle with salt and black pepper as desired
This recipe is featured in the post:
Site by Bryan Morrison