Anchovies are full of omega 3 fatty acids, exactly the type of food that makes your body feel and perform better. Combined with the butter, olive oil and garlic, anchovies also dress up a plate of raw vegetables making them feel decadent and healthy. To make this vegetarian either remove the anchovies entirely or substitute 1 tablespoon of miso paste to add the rich bottom flavors.
Vegetables for Dipping: Carrots, cut into sticks, Radishes, Endive or Radicchio, Celery Root, cut into sticks, Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Celery Stalks, Cauliflower Florets, Roasted Beets, Delicata Squash Chips orAnything Else You Want!
- 6 anchovy filets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 T butter
- ½ C olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In a medium saucepan, warm the butter
- Add the garlic and anchovies
- Turn the heat to low and let the garlic sweat in the fat
- With a spoon, smash and break up the anchovy
- Add the olive oil and let sit 5 minutes to combine
- Taste and add salt and pepper, it should be salty and peppery to balance the rawness of the vegetables
- Serve warm and reheat as needed